Saturday, March 28, 2009

What you drive and patriotism?

Does what you drive show a sign of Patriotism or lack there of?


In many countries American cars are not sold and in order to import them into the country you have to pay an enormous tax somewhere between 50 to 100% the cost of the car itself. That means a $35,000 Dodge Charger R/T would after taxes cost you around $70,000, because foriegn countries find it UNPATRIOTIC to buy an American car and will only support there countries companies. What do you think and why? And what do you drive and why?
What you drive and patriotism?
I do NOT believe it%26#039;s un-patriotic to buy a car no matter where it%26#039;s made. Some will disagree with me, mostly due to ignorance. I don%26#039;t think there is a major car company in the WORLD that gets it%26#039;s money strictly from the country it is headquartered in. That is to say, if here in the U.S. someone bought a Honda, they wouldn%26#039;t be making the Japanese rich. I would bet Honda is owned by mostly investors outside of Japan. It all depends how you look at it.
What you drive and patriotism?
Today, many %26quot;foreign%26quot; cars are built right here in the USA, so how could you regulate that?


I do drive an American brand GM car, but am not opposed to an import.
Reply:This is a Very Heated Debate in the Line of work I am in.





For instance, GM makes many of their cars overseas...and Honda / Toyota make many of theirs in the states....so defining %26quot;Buying American%26quot; is all a matter of perspective.





I sell Honda%26#039;s, but was buying them many years before I sold them because of their Reliability and Car for the Money...





Many of my friends would complain about the 100k Mile bug in their %26quot;Domestic%26quot; brand cars....and here I am with a 94 EX Accord Coupe with 213k Miles on it with very few issues other than regular maintenance...and it still runs and looks great and gets 35 MPG....so I think it should be a matter of common sense and research moreso than where it was built.





(Mine was built in Marysville Ohio by the way)





C.Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment